Child support payments for children of single parents

Benefit description

You receive advance child support payments for your child if you are bringing up the child in your household without another parent against whom the child has a claim to child support. This child support is not paid or is paid incompletely or irregularly by the other parent/by the person obliged to pay child support. The child's centre of life must clearly be in your household. In addition, you must not have married a new partner.  

If these eligibility requirements are met, the advance child support payment will be paid to you until your child reaches the age of majority. The following applies: For children between the ages of twelve and 18, advance child support payments are only paid if your child is not dependent on unemployment benefit II or if you earn a gross monthly income of at least EUR 600 while receiving unemployment benefit II.

  • for children up to 5 years of age EUR 187 per month
  • for children from 6 to 11 years EUR 252 per month
  • for children from 12 to 18 years EUR 338 per month

What documents are required?

  • Birth certificate of the child
  • Identity card or passport or residence permit
  • Registration certificate or information from the population register
  • Divorce decree
  • Written confirmation of separation by a lawyer
  • If applicable, paternity acknowledgment certificate or judgement on the determination of paternity
  • If applicable, official determination of the amount of the child support obligation 
  • Proof of income, e.g. child benefit, half-orphan's pension, child support payments

More information, advice and applications can be obtained from the Hochtaunuskreis.

- The District Committee -
Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 1-5
61352 Bad Homburg v.d. Höhe


  • Clerk for letters   A F H I J M 
    Tel: 06172 999 - 5649
  • Clerk for letters  B C D E G X 
    Tel: 06172 999 - 5664
  • Clerks for letters K P R U V W Y Z 
    Tel: 06172 999 - 5641
  • Clerk for letters  Ö N O Q S T 
    Tel: 06172 999 - 5643

Applications and information on advance child support Act can be found here

Send your application for Advance Child Support Act to